Resident Evil: Cataclysm takes place in 1999, in the large city of Redwood City, Colorado and is the first location to have been specifically named in the Resident Evil series.
The game starts on Feburary 10th, 1999, S.H.I.E.L.D.S. Officer Michael West is fighting off infected citizens in New Paradise Park until he tells his unit to retreat back to their Police Van, As they run back they realize that infected have already swarmed the area and split up, Michael having fallen into a fountain after a police car swerves and nearly strikes him. Michael reawakens and realizes that he has been out for roughly an hour but has not gotten infected. Amazed by this, he begins to wonder the city
- Michael West - A member of S.H.I.E.L.D.S., trained as a Point-man.
- Valery Ivanova - A member of S.H.I.E.L.D.S., trained a Medical Officer and formerly Sniper.
- John "Deadman" Thomas - A member of the U.S.S. Team, The Pride.
- David Hanson - Mayor of Redwood City for over 20 Years, was running for another term before the infection. During the infection, he is seen trapped in the Redwood City Police Station with Chief of Police Warren Peace as he tries to raise spirits with a motivational speech, which is failing as the crowd tells him to shut up. He is killed when zombies break into the police station.
- Warren Peace
Resident Evil: ExodusEdit
Playing as Warren Peace, it starts after he helps Michael and Valery out of his office.
Resident Evil: First HourEdit
- Main article: Resident Evil: First Hour
Is a six 30 Minute-episode series that comes with the Platinium Edition of the game. The series tells, through the eyes of the Northwick Police Department, the pre-viral events of the city and leading up to the infection and how they become zombies by turning on each other. The main character is a Officer Jack Daly. It is on it's own disk and can also be purchased on the CAPCOM website.
- Operation Underlight
- This game is based heavily on Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles.