- Instantly kill any type of Plaga heads when they emerge from their host's neck (except the spider-like ones, but one Flash Grenade will cause those to dislodge from their host; using another will kill them)
- Kill any number of crows in range
- Allow Garradors to see, since they are blind (Use this at your own risk when facing one!!)
- Helps you kick Ganados/Zealots/Soldiers to the ground, allowing you to shoot them while they're on the ground.
- Stun other enemies like Dr. Salvador or Bitores Mendez.
- Is the only grenade that won't affect Leon or Ashley
In Resident Evil 5, the only difference from Resident Evil 4's Flash Grenade is that if used close enough to Chris or Sheva, the player will be momentarily blinded as well. When playing as Wesker in mercs, or using Chris' safari outfit, the flash grenade will have no effect on you unless your sunglasses are knocked off. Some Majinji in the boat stages use Flash Grenades.